It's often hard to change to a healthier lifestyle, but it's not impossible. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is start. Here are five simple things you can start doing today to jump start your new life:
1. Drink 8 ounces of water before each meal.
2. Try eating a small handful of nuts 15 minutes before your meal.
3. Avoid trans-fatty acids, such as margarine and manufactured cooking oils.
4. Eat more food during breakfast and lunch, and less during dinner.
5. Limit carbohydrate intake with each meal.
Peter McIlveen, MD, FACOG, MBA
Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine